Job ID: 211482964
LEAD TOOLING/MOLD MAKER ENGINEER
Omega Plastics, Inc. has been in business for over 35 years, and is a leader in tooling and plastic injection molding solutions for diversified prototype and low/mid volume production applications serving a global client base within the medical, defense/aerospace, automotive and consumer markets consisting of Fortune 100 companies. As we continue to plan strategically, we are looking for innovative, collaborative and experienced individuals to join our growing team.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Lead Tooling/Mold Maker Engineer (local to SE Michigan) to provide their expertise in plastic injection mold design in a wide range of low-cavitation tooling solutions in a fast-paced environment, from prototype to “101” with short delivery times. In addition, the candidate chosen will have experience with resin properties, venting, gating, cooling, automation, CNC cutter path generation, including high-speed techniques; functional knowledge of gross margins, part-oriented/solution-oriented experience, good planning and strong organization skills. Along with a strong motivation for success, this position requires:
Work experience requirements:
· At least 10 years of experience within plastics injection tooling and mold making manufacturing
· Working knowledge of: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and the internet. Knowledge of Epicor extremely helpful.
· General Customer Service experience
· High School Diploma, with college or Journeyman’s Certificate a plus.
· Experience in Computer/CAD software (Cimatron, ProE, Mastercam)
· Excellent leadership/communication skills, with both accuracy and clarity in both written and verbal communication, a must.
· Positive approach to your work that shows through to others
· Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks
· Set clear and concise direction and expectations
· Problem solving and able to facilitate problem solving (ask good questions)
· Sound judgment in business and customer matters
· Ability to hold both strategic and tactical perspectives
· Technical project management interface with client.
· Mold design to Omega / customer specs
· Coordinates between work cells to deliver molds to client specifications and to internal standards with T/E team and build/automation team leader
· On-time delivery, mold validation
· Schedules and sequences mold details to hit accurate due dates
· Monitors and reports project costs
· Provide DFM input to estimating as needed
· Quality driven, gatekeeper on quality– last best chance.
· Develops and drives machinist’s mold assembly capabilities.
· Attends APQP Phase 1 as required
· Expedites with other team leaders as necessary
· Support other teams, develop team workflows and job descriptions
· Orders mold bases and components/services required to complete the mold through Epicor.
· Directly support other departments as required or any additional items as directed by management, including cross functional role in all other tooling departments.
· Awareness of regulatory and customer requirements as it pertains to Omega’s clients; especially for Omega’s medical clients (ref. ISO13485).
Accountability: Produce a mold per the design specifications and to internal standards, on-time delivery, process improvement, meeting quoted costs, provide an excellent customer experience, setting accurate component due dates. Reports to Tooling Manager.
Authority: Accept or reject components from each team, determine where components are internally manufactured with planning/routing team, outsourcing if work center leaders are unable to meet required timing or quality, work scheduling, process improvement.
Omega Plastics, Inc. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package for the right candidate, with an exciting opportunity to join a great team!
Omega Plastics, Inc.
Omega Plastics, Inc., located in Clinton Township, MI, has been in business for over 35 years, and is a leader in tooling and injection molding solutions for diversified prototype and low/mid volume production within the medical, defense/aerospace, and consumer markets. With nearly 80% of our business in the medical device industry, this is an...
Omega Plastics, Inc., located in Clinton Township, MI, has been in business for over 35 years, and is a leader in tooling and injection molding solutions for diversified prototype and low/mid volume production within the medical, defense/aerospace, and consumer markets. With nearly 80% of our business in the medical device industry, this is an opportunity to grow with us while making a difference in other people’s lives! You would be joining a team of innovative, collaborative and experienced individuals within our growing company.
Website:View all 2 jobs