Job ID: 200341699
Control Systems Engineer
We continue to deepen our technical expertise and look for great talent to help us with our new projects. If you are a seasoned Control Systems Engineer, with experience designing heavy equipment and machine tools control systems; if you are a well rounded Siemens Scout expert and/or have Step 7 PLC program software expertise and/or CNC programming and if you are looking for consistently challenging opportunity with an industry leading manufacturing company then, look no further for your next career move! Manufacturing Technology, Inc. (MTI), has just such an opportunity. For over thirty years, we have been combining friction welding with designed automation to create the best welding equipment technology and friction welding services in the world. Our custom engineered solutions have helped companies globally solve their manufacturing problems in the most efficient way possible. As a Control Systems Engineer for MTI, you'll get to design a variety of machine solutions for such industry titans as NASA, Autoliv, Borg-Warner, Caterpillar, Chrysler, Cummins, Federal Mogul, Ford, GE, General Motors, John Deere, Lockheed Martin, Mercury Marine, Rolls-Royce, TRW, Visteon and Xerox, institutions that drive the world economy. We need you to help us keep up with the demand for our state-of-the-art, custom-engineered manufacturing welding solutions!
As a Control Systems Engineer for Manufacturing Technology, Inc. based in South Bend, Indiana, you primary mission will be to develop electrical controls schematics and to produce the programming logic necessary for the effective operation of friction welding machines by proficiently utilizing programming languages and methods including Ladder Logic, ST, and MCC for machine control. Because of your machine tool design background and demonstrated experience working with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical design documents, you will have no problem interpreting control requirements from customer specifications, developing technical requirements for controls and then creating electrical wiring diagrams, electrical panel layouts, push-button station layouts, and other hardware related documentation.
You'll leverage your considerable experience with Siemens and/or Rockwell Control Logix, HMI, PLC and CNC controllers to develop flow charts, sequence of operations, I/O documents, and logic programs. You will need to leverage your strong theoretical background from your years of experience and your formal education to solve the complex needs of our new machines. Your strong communication skills will also be vital because in this role you will need to provide technical support to customers, service and installation personnel.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
3. Create electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, control station layouts, electrical enclosure panel layouts, Bills of Material and all electrical control hardware related documentation.
4. Conduct machine debug and startup.
5. Proficiently utilize AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical.
6. Interpret controls systems requirements from customer specifications, various project scope documents and technical execution documents.
7. Implement ANSI and ISO machine design and safety standards.
8. Develop technical and electrical controls systems requirements.
9. Develop machine sequence and control flow charts.
10. Develop Human Machine Interface programs for machine control via WinCC/TIA Portal.
11. Develop design documentation such as theory of operation, help files, machine set-up and operation instructions and detailed technical specifications.
12. Provide technical support to Service Technicians and customers, as needed.
13. Participate in efforts for the design, architecture and programming conventions of Controls applications and be a key player in the improvement process of existing designs.
14. Advocate and maintain Controls standards, verification and validation methods and techniques.
15. Collaborate with Controls Engineers and Mechanical Engineers to provide a variety of machine controls system solutions for the effective operation of Rotary Friction and Linear Friction welding machines.
16. Interpret project scope requirements and develop detailed technical specifications and documentation.
17. Build or leverage experience and understanding of machinery, machine controls, programmable logic controllers, human machine interface and their control software.
18. Be responsible for the design, architecture and programming conventions of new software applications and be a key player in the improvement process of existing software.
19. Advocate and maintain programming standards, verification and validation methods and techniques
If you are ready to apply your electrical engineering and manufacturing experience within a challenging role and an industry leader, please apply now.
MTI is a privately held company headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, specializing in transformational, custom-engineered joining solutions for manufacturing processes. Our leading-edge expertise is available on site worldwide. An ISO 9001 registered company, we also provide contract services at our 65,000 SF facility in South Bend, as well as at MTI Welding Technologies, Ltd. in Kingswinford, England.